Author Topic: An error (SQL: Too many columns referenced.) occurred after latest SUNIX update  (Read 7321 times)

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There have been several reported cases of this error occurring after updating SUNIX. This problem is caused by a limit imposed by Visual Fox Pro drivers and the decision by SUNIX to add additional columns to the database.
Medmont has been able to devise a fix which can be easily applied by customers so they don’t have to wait for a new version of Medmont Studio to be released. To apply this fix please perform the following steps;

NOTE: these instructions should be applied on the Server if configured in client / server mode.

• Click here to download the updated Sunix server settings file
  • Unzip the contents of the file into the Database Initialization folder replacing the existing Sunix.ServerSettings file. The Database Initialization folder is located in the folder where Medmont Studio was installed. The default location is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Medmont\Medmont Studio 5\Database Initialization”. This is true for modern 64 bit Operating Systems if you are using an older operating system substitute the “Program Files (x86)” folder with just “Program Files”. If you are running older version 4 software then substitute "Medmont Studio 5" with "Medmont Studio 4". Click “Yes” when prompted to replace the existing file
  • Run the Medmont Studio Configuration Tool to apply the new integration settings. Click ‘Next’ through all the prompts. There is no reason to change any of the options.

If the problem persists please respond to this post for further support. This problem will be corrected in versions higher than Medmont Studio 5.3.1.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:02:25 am by David »

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This problem has now been addressed in the latest release;  Medmont Studio 5.3.2. You can download the update at the following location:

http://www.medmont.com/support/downloads/medmont-studio-5-downloads.aspx

Clients wishing to update their Sunix installation to version 10b02 or later will need to update Medmont Studio first to avoid this issue.

Thanks
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Louise M

• View Profile
I have followed David's steps above - but am still having the error. We are running studio 4, the problem arose after updating to SUNIX Version 13A02.

dmw69

• View Profile
After successfully downloading & saving the zip attachment to my server, it won't open / extract / unzip - Windows doesn't seem to recognise it as a zip file - could the full stop in the file name be the problem??

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have just tested the download again it appears to be working on my test PC here. When the file has downloaded the filename should be:

Sunix.ServerSettings.zip

Can you please verify that this is the case. If you are still having issues then we may be able to arrange to team viewer into your PC to resolve it.

Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

dmw69

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply Michael, I'm sure that was the filename although I'm at home now so can't check easily.
In any case after I wrote my post I decided to 'cut to the chase' and just install Studio 5.3.2 (we were running 5.3.1). Unfortunately I didn't realise that someone had left Medmont Studio running on another computer in the network while I ran the install on the server. The install didn't work and now we can't open Studio at all - on the server, it doesn't even seem to exist, while on a workstation it gets to the 5.3.1 splash screen and then hangs forever. I did run a couple more 'repair' installs of 5.3.2 but to no avail.
Right before the install I noticed that our 'Data' folder was still within the 'Medmont Studio 4' folder so I copied it to the 'Medmont Studio 5' folder - hopefully that didn't stuff anything up.
I'm not at work first thing in the morning but I've asked those who are to ring Jason Anderson to see if he can help. If not maybe you'll get a phone call!