Author Topic: SRAX attribute for keratoconus diagnosis  (Read 15559 times)

dmw69

• View Profile
SRAX attribute for keratoconus diagnosis
« on: September 07, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »
I'm trying to create a SRAX attribute to help with keratoconus diagnosis. I've created a new attribute, called it SRAX, and have entered the formula:
abs ( Zone3mmSteep2Angle() -180- Zone3mmSteep1Angle() )

My problem is, I know the SRAX is the degrees of skew between the steepest meridians above & below the horizontal, but I suspect (know) my formula above is not the right formula to do that... can someone help with a formula to calculate SRAX please?

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SRAX attribute for keratoconus diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:59:51 am »
Hi,

I am just reviewing the calculation of this index and putting together a code attribute block that you will be able to import into Medmont Studio. Once I have something I will post it here.

Kind Regards
Michael
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

dmw69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »
Thanks for the reply Michael, look forward to hearing more news.
Dom

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:41:04 am »
Hi Dom,

Below is a download link for an attribute you can import into Medmont Studio. This will allow you to add a custom attribute to your E300 exams called "SRAX". Let me know if you have any trouble using the new attribute.

http://www.medmont.com/files/MedmontStudio5/attributes/SRAX.mxf
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 02:31:05 pm »
Thank you for the attribute!!!!

BTW, may I know the criteria or classification of the SRAX index please?

dmw69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:01:26 pm »
Thanks very much for the SRAX Michael but something has gone wrong: I imported the new SRAX attribute from the attributes block / Edit... / Import, and then after import and upon attempting to Recalculate I got an error about Axialpower not declared; then upon continuing all of my existing attributes have a blank value  :( and I now have another error about object invalid (screenshots attached).

Prior to clicking Recalculate, the SRAX attribute value was blank and the SRAX lettering was in italic, non-bold font, unlike the other attributes. That's why I clicked recalculate, to force it to display a value.

Can you help?

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »
Hi,

I am a bit concerned by this error. The method it is complaining about is actually part of the core attribute library in Medmont Studio. It is not part of the SRAX attribute you would have imported. I have just tested this new SRAX attribute on a new PC with version 5.3.3 of Medmont Studio and it worked as planned.

I see you are Australian based. If you would like please give me a call and we can arrange to remote into your PC and have a look at the problem directly.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

dmw69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 01:13:00 pm »
OK thanks Michael I will give you a ring when I'm in front of the computer running Medmont Studio.

I should add that I initially used 'File / Import' to import the SRAX file, before realising that didn't work and then discovering I should probably import via the attributes block. I didn't get an error message (or any message at all) when I did the File/Import, so initially I thought it had worked. Not sure if that could have caused the problem.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 01:14:42 pm »
No importing from the menu shouldn't cause you any problems. The import function in Medmont Studio is universal.

What version of Medmont Studio are you running?
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 03:30:29 pm »
PLEASE NOTE

After having a look at the issue on your machine I have realized that you need to have Medmont Studio 5.3.3 or greater installed before you can use this SRAX attribute.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 02:11:42 am »
I am using 5.3.3 with no problem with the new attribute.

But the only issue is I don't known then passing criteria of this attribute in keratoconus screening.

dmw69

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 01:25:23 pm »
Forrest, I believe a SRAX of >21 is strongly suggestive of keratoconus but I have also read a figure of 13 as a cut-off. But more usefully, once you know SRAX you can calculate KISA which is a sensitive & specific index of keratoconus. The formula for KISA is: KISA% = [(K) x (I-S) x (AST) x (SRAX) x 100]/300

P.S. Hopefully one day we can have a KISA attribute in Medmont Studio because it apparently has a specificity of 100% and a sensitivity of 96% in keratoconus detection.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:28:52 pm by dmw69 »

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »
Dear Dom,

Thank you for your formula. Unfortunately, I tried to set the attribute according to the formula the Medmont studio cannot run properly. How can I set the attribute function please?

Thanks.

dmw69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »
Dear Dom,

Thank you for your formula. Unfortunately, I tried to set the attribute according to the formula the Medmont studio cannot run properly. How can I set the attribute function please?

Thanks.

Sorry Forrest I don't know, maybe Michael from Medmont can help?

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:36 am »
Hi Everyone,

I am assuming you are asking if I can put an attribute together for the KISA index. I am a little snowed under at the moment but I will en-devour to get something together in the coming weeks.

Thanks
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.