Author Topic: PMS interface via cmd line interface or exchange file  (Read 4202 times)

ifasystems

• View Profile
PMS interface via cmd line interface or exchange file
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:22:43 pm »
Hello,

I am a software developer at ifa systems AG, a provider of an ophtalmic EMR/PMS in germany. We have two customers that use your products and are
interested in an interface between our software and Medmont Studio 5. One customer is using the E300 Topographer and the other one the M700 Perimeter.

I have already read your documentation for third party client interfaces and the documentation about setting up a .LinkSettings XML file. I also checked the sample .mxf files you provided.
Now I have a couple of questions.

1.    Is it possible to get a demo version of your software for development purposes and if so who can I contact about that?

2.    Is there an easier way to pass patient data to your software?

Unfortunately giving you read access to our database for patient import is not possible. We use our own proprietary database without OBDC connectivity. Most device vendors we cooperate with have a command line or file based mechanism for sending patient demographic data to their software. This often is a CSV, XML or an INI-style text file. Sometimes it is even possible to send command such as open the last exam, start a new exam etc.

3.    Do you support reviewing exams from other clients or exporting an exam as a report in PDF format or something similar?

I know you have a very details XML based export format which includes a lot of numerical data and images, but this is not practical to import. Usually our customers want to use the device software (Medmont Studio in this case) to make an exam at the workstation the device is connected to and later be able to review an exam on any other workstation. So the device software mus either be able to create an exam report in a common format such as PDF, RTF, HTML, Bitmap etc. or it must support reviewing exams from other workstations.

Thanks and best regards

Kevin Herrmann
Software Development

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PMS interface via cmd line interface or exchange file
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your interest in integrating with our Medmont Studio software.

Regarding 1. I can send you a link to a web page which has links to downloading a full version of our software. This is a private link so I will send it to your private email address.

Regarding 2. As well as through ODBC we allow data to be imported via the command line. I will send you a document which explains our command line interface. It has a import option which allows a patient to be imported in any of our current export formats (XML).

Regarding 3. Using the Links mechanism you can obtain a export of any of our print reports as BMP, GIF, JPEG or PNG. PDF is not currently supported. These image could be stored in the EMR database for future reference from any EMR client but they are limited to displaying only static information. The better option is to use Medmont Studio as a review station (a license is required for each review station). You can add a button in your EMR software to launch Medmont Studio and synchronize the patient with the EMR software. This works well for locally installed applications but is difficult for web based clients.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards
David

Tonka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 12:10:49 pm »

Regarding 2. As well as through ODBC we allow data to be imported via the command line. I will send you a document which explains our command line interface. It has a import option which allows a patient to be imported in any of our current export formats (XML).

Hi David,

I was wondering if I could also have a copy of the document explaining the command line interface?
I am looking for an easier way to import a patient into Medmont Studio before taking the patient into the exam room.
Our current PMS can export via command or XML to a few other bits of equipment we have so this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Stephen

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:27:15 am »
Hi Stephen

Here is the link to the document explaining the Command Line Mode in Medmont Studio.
Command Line Mode in Medmont Studio PDF

The format of the XML file you pass through the command line is the same as a file exported from MS. The best way to learn the format is to add a patient to MS and then export as MXF. You can then view the MXF file using a text editor.

Regards
David

Tonka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 03:26:02 pm »
Hi Stephen

Here is the link to the document explaining the Command Line Mode in Medmont Studio.

Just saw this message, thank you for the link and the suggestions. Will give it a try!

Thanks!