Author Topic: Error initiating E300 video  (Read 4436 times)

mauriceheunen

• View Profile
    • Optometric Center Old Geleen
Error initiating E300 video
« on: December 21, 2013, 02:55:45 am »
My good old Medmont software died last November, so I've bought a brand new pc and the latest Medmont studio (v5.3.3). For some bizarre reason, it gives the following error (once every ten patients)
"error Initialising E300 Video, An error occured while trying to initialidr the E300. Check that it is plugged in and has power. Error. Could not find grabber: PcPort_Color"

The cables are connected, a pc restart solves the problem for the next ten patients. What could be the cause, and what would be a good solution?

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error initiating E300 video
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:43:28 pm »
Hi,

That is a very strange issue to get with the Leutron capture card. I have a few thoughts on what it might be but I can't test them until I get back to the office after my Christmas break.

In the meantime, can you please post the details of your new PC? The DxDiag tool provided by Microsoft has an export function that will produce a text file with all your system information in it. Details on how to use it can be found at the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool

Is the screen saver on the PC enabled and has it been active prior to the error occurring?

If we are a little slow to post back here it is because the majority of the office is on Christmas break. We will get back to these posts ASAP.

Kind Regards
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:54:42 am »
Hi Maurice,

Please keep all correspondence concerning this issue in this thread. It makes it hard to monitor and for others to follow if we open a new post for the same issue. Thanks

Kind Regards
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

mauriceheunen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »
Thanks for your help, I have no intention to hurry during the Christmas festivities.
Yes the screensaver was on prior to the error, but I am not really sure that there is a definative relation between the two.

mauriceheunen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:30 pm »
This is the error message:

mauriceheunen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:42 pm »
Happy new year! Hopefully this new year brings a solution to my Medmont problem.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:45 pm »
Hi Maurice,

Happy New Year.

I have had a look at the DxDiag information and everyone seems OK. The strange part here is that it works a number of times before eventually failing so it appears the hardware is capable of running the topographer but something is blocking it further down the track.

We have seen strange problems with screen savers so I would like to suggest a quick test. Set the screen saver to a delay of 1 minute. Do a test exam and then close the capture exam dialog. Wait for the screen saver to start and display for a few seconds then move the mouse to clear it and try another exam and see if the issue occurs.

Can I also confirm that it is definitely a screen saver that is kicking in and not a power save mode? Again we have seen issue where the Leutron drivers don't correctly recover from entering sleep/power save mode so it would be worth setting the PC up so that it doesn't go to sleep under any circumstances.

Also, if this doesn't reveal anything can you also confirm that it happens on exactly the 10th attempt or is it just there abouts?

Kind Regards
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

mauriceheunen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 10:32:14 pm »
Hi Michael,
The problem did not re-occur after the screensaver-test.
I've changed the power saving settings to high performance "with never go to sleep"
It is not exactly the 10th measurement. It occurs slightly more often with new patients.
So far so good for today, hopefully it really was the sleep mode.
Kind regards,

Maurice