Author Topic: Problem of saving Edited topo  (Read 2177 times)

Forrest

• View Profile
Problem of saving Edited topo
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:22:58 pm »
I found that the "Edit" function of "Analysis" being useless.

For some topo being soiled by tear debris, I removed the data points at the affected area and clicked "removed selected". When I re-open the topo data again after a while or finsihed other tasks, the data points I removed in the topo emerged again.

That means the data point editing being useless.

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem of saving Edited topo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:01:42 pm »
Hi Forrest,

I have had a look at the Edit functionality and there does appear to be some inconsistencies with it. I will log this to our tracking database so that it can be looked at in a future release.

In the meantime you can remove points from an exam by following these steps.
  • Click on the Analysis > Data Points > Edit button.
  • Use the new eraser mouse pointer to select the points you want to select the points you want to remove. You can do this in a staggered approach by selecting a few points and then selecting Analysis > Data Points > Remove Selected to remove the currently selected points and preview the change to the topography. 
  • Once you have selected and removed all the points you wish, select Analysis > Data Points > Edit from the menu again so that the background of the button changes from Orange to Blue. This commits the removed points from the exam.
You should now be able to return to this exam at a later date and the points will still be removed. BUT if at any point you click on the Analysis > Data Points > Edit again it will force the exam to be reanalyzed and will detect all the points again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:09:21 pm by Michael »
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.