Author Topic: Can you apply a new calibration to an old result?  (Read 2098 times)

Trevor

• View Profile
Can you apply a new calibration to an old result?
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:10:56 pm »
I discovered my topographer was out by 0.15mm (calibration ball measurued 7.85 instead of 8mm). Is there a way to apply the new calibration to some of the recent results that I now know are in error? It would make life very much easier for these recent ortho K patients to save me having to wash them out back to baseline so I can get a proper starting map.

Thanks

Trevor

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can you apply a new calibration to an old result?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:31:37 am »
Hi Trevor,

You can change the calibration file that is used to evaluate a particular exam in the 'exam details' view. In version 5 of our software you can get to this view by following these steps:
  • Select the exam from the patient/exam tree.
  • Click on the Details icon just above the patient tree.
  • You will now be presented with a form showing the details of the selected exam. From the Calibration drop down list select the calibration date you wish to use for this exam.
  • Click on the Save button.
  • Click on the Image icon just above the patient tree to show the exam again.
  • From the ribbon bar menu select Analysis > Data > Reset to re-analyze the exam with the new calibration file.

WARNING:
This process is not recommended as we can not guarantee what other factors may have change on the topographer between the calibrations. If for example the instrument was used to capture a patient at the start of the year and then mid year the instrument was moved and re-calibrated you should not use the new cal file against the old patients as the instrument may have changed during transit. If exams where captured with a bad calibration they should be recaptured on a correctly calibrated device.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:35:34 am by Michael »
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.