Author Topic: DICOM Fields  (Read 3264 times)

Rey

• View Profile
    • Woodlyn
DICOM Fields
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:16 am »
I have been looking at a couple of different Pacs servers. When testing with http://www.dicomserver.co.uk/. It refuses the connection because some of the tags are NULL in the fields. These fields are StudyDate and StudyTime.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DICOM Fields
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »
Hi Rey,

I have attempted a connection to the test server in the UK. I am able to obtain jobs from the worklist server but I am getting a failed message when submitting the exam. I was able to look through the Medmont Studio log file and I am getting a detailed error message but it is different to what you have reported. Can you send me your log file which is located at
%APPDATA%\Medmont\Medmont Studio 5\Medmont.Studio.Console\Medmont.Studio.Console.log.

I was able to peer inside the DICOM file and I did notice StudyDate and StudyTime have no value which we will rectify in an upcoming version of Medmont Studio (most likely the next version). I will add a reply post once the version is released.

Thanks for the feedback. It would be very helpful to support this test server for our demonstration purposes.

Kind Regards
David

Rey

• View Profile
    • Woodlyn
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 04:09:46 am »
The site has a log located here: http://dicomserver.co.uk/logs/ That was where it told me the the fields were null and was refused. This site seems to be very picky it forces you to be compliant to the the dicom spec. I was able to get the worklist working but never got the site to take a file. I have also been using Orthanc as the pacs which does take the files and visualizes them for you in a web browser. That is how I found the actual fields that were null. The site is located here: http://www.orthanc-server.com/ This software doesn't have the worklist implemented yet so I use the worklist settings from the uk site and the pacs to the local orthanc server.

As for the logs at the uk site they are arranged by date and time. Since it is made for developers it gets hit by many companies testing their software. They recommend, setting the client AEtitle to something unique so you can search for it in the log file.  Also if the log gets filled fast enough the site will generate multiple log files and each test appends the log so your one test can span 2 different logs sometimes.

I didn't know there was a log inside Medmont. For the computer I was testing on. That computer got re-imaged and is currently being shipped to a customer. So I no longer have the computer. If you search the logs for the uk site. I'm sure your being denied for the same reason so I would check the log for the test you already tried on the site. I hope this helps with your companies testing and I was able to help you go in the right direction.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:23:03 pm »
Hi Rey,

Thanks for your information regarding the test servers this will help us to improve our compliance with the standard. I will work toward supporting these servers in the next version of software.

Kind Regards
David