Author Topic: Integration with Compulink generating error  (Read 8496 times)

Ben

• View Profile
Integration with Compulink generating error
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:44 am »
I have a customer that just upgraded their Compulink to 10.5.0.15 and after setting up their integration again they are getting an error.  They are currently running on Medmont Version 4.13.0.  I attached a photo of the error.

I suggested that she upgrade her Medmont to the latest version but I do not think this will help.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Integration with Compulink generating error
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »
Hi Ben,

Medmont is currently closed for the Christmas break until the 14th of Jan. I would try updating Medmont Studio to the latest major version which is 4.14.1 which can be found here: http://www.medmont.com/support/downloads/medmont-studio-4-downloads.aspx

The error seems to be indicating that a file it needs is no longer present. It might be worth rerunning the Medmont Studio configuration tool and checking all the settings and paths used when selecting Compulink as the PMI.

I will try to address this issue more thoroughly when I get back from holidays.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:51:17 am »
Hi Michael,

We tried to update to the latest version of Medmont 4 but there was no change.

Thank you,
Ben

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:21:59 pm »
Hi Ben,

I have been in contact with Compulink and referred them to this forum post. He is probably going to require some additional information from you before he can pin point exactly where the error is. He asked for the error message that you get when you attempt a connection to compulink which you have already supplied with your first post.

He also asked for the SQL statement that is being used to access their database which I will provide here:
Code: [Select]
SELECT TOP 1 * FROM Examrefr WHERE Patunique = {0} AND Type = 'Autorefractor' ORDER BY Added DESC
I will post here when I have something more.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

CBSSam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:25:43 am »
Hi guys,

I am Sam from Compulink. There is the changed in our database table in version 10.5. EXAMREFR table that you are accessing have been changed from 'DBF' to 'ADT'. In order to access ADT table, you will have to setup the connection with our data dictionary table, Dictionary.ADD. Connect to ADD file and you should not have a problem with database accessing.

As far as the testing, I have the demo set for you. I will send the link for your guys to download our DEMO software to your email.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions.

Sam ^_^

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »
Hi Everyone,

We have been able to do some testing on this issue and have found that Compulink is now using 2 different database table types in its database. Compulink has informed us that they are in the process of moving all of their tables across to this new format but until all the database table types are unified Medmont Studio will not function completely with Compulink. Compulink has speculated that this change will be completed in version 11 of their software but will advise us when the change is complete.

Until then the work around for this issue is to modify the CompulinkAdvantage.serversettings file so that it will no longer attempt to import refraction data from the Compulink database. Patient data will continue to be imported correctly but you will need to enter refraction data manually.

The CompulinkAdvantage.serversettings file can be found in the Medmont Studio installation folder in the following folder:

[Medmont Installation Folder]\Database Initialization\CompulinkAdvantage.serversettings

You need to open this file in a text editor. Windows 7 and above users will need to open the text editor as an Administrator. 

In this file find the following line:

<RefractionQuery>SELECT TOP 1 * FROM Examrefr WHERE Patunique = {0} AND Type = 'Autorefractor' ORDER BY Added DESC</RefractionQuery>
and change it to the following:

<RefractionQuery></RefractionQuery>
Save the file and then rerun the Medmont Studio Configuration Tool again. You shouldn't need to change any of the settings unless you have temporerly changed the PMI setting to continue working.

Once this process is complete open Medmont Studio and perform a patient search. If the dialog opens without error then the change has been successful.

Kind Regards.

Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 07:24:00 am »
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the info.  I will do the work around for now and I look forward to the fix when it is available.

Thanks again,
Ben

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 12:10:18 am »
Hey Guys,

I Just had my first call with a customer who updating to Compulink V11 and is using Medmont v4. It is getting errors that it can not access the database.  I know version 11 just was released a few days ago but I was wondering if there is any news on a fix or a new connector file.

Thank you,
Ben

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »
Hi Ben,

We have not been made aware that the new version of Compulink has been released so we haven't done anything in terms of getting Medmont Studio to support it. I have added a task item to our work list to follow this up but it will be some time before we can address it. I will keep you posted here as we get into it.

Kind Regards
Michael
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.