Author Topic: Tear FIlm Breakup analysis  (Read 9245 times)

jagrutlallu@gmail.com

• View Profile
Tear FIlm Breakup analysis
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:43 am »
Hi would it be possible to have a tear film breakup analysis package on the medmont e300, ie a map which shows which ring/s distort/s first to show patients and also analyse areas of where the tear film first breaks up, this would be great when testing between contact lens solutions and their effect on soft lens moisture and end of day dryness, but also for the diagnosis treatment and management of dry/watery eye.

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tear FIlm Breakup analysis
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:01:48 am »
Hi,

We are currently investigating adding tear film analysis to our E300 software package. There is no confirmed date for completing this feature as we are still in the early phases of design.

Having said that do you have any suggestions or opinions on what features you would find useful in tear film analysis?
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »
i want that too. The non-invasive TBUT measurement has already available in other topographer system.

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:52:22 pm »
Can you please describe this TBUT measurement please?

Thanks
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:48:36 pm »
Will it be possible to let the e300 to continuously monitor the placcido rings quality to check the tear break up time repeatily and provide an average tear break up time please?

jagrutlallu@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 06:01:44 am »
Hi there - sorry for this late response it would be great if the forum sent me an email when a reply has been posted about a topic I have put up....

OK so the current video capture mode captures digital stills, I am trying to setup the medmont with little success to capture placido rings.....

for TBUT I would go by the software initialising video capture as soon as you have complete central rings and breakup is noted when these rings break, a map plot can be made of the rings and certain geographic locations where it breaks become coloured points on a plot this indicates the area of initial breakup and also is used as the end point of the timer....does this help? after the user stops recording the map is produced with various points with time values of when they broke up....

In the interim it would be great if we could at least capture video on the e300 - please disregard my comment if I have not setup my e300 correctly, it would be great to know how

Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 08:59:40 am »
Hi everyone,

For future reference you can change the notifications setting in your profile to send you an email whenever a change is made to a thread you have started. I have updated this setting in you profile so you should get notifications now.

I am not sure I completely understand the rest of the previous post. The E300 does support video capture with rings illuminated via 2 methods. One supports video playback and the other method supports topographical analysis.

To capture a series of stills for topographical analysis:

• Start an E300 exam by selecting Home > New Exam > Corneal Topography from the menu.
  • Once the exam window has opened select Home > Capture Mode > Video from the menu.

You should now be able to click on the Home > Video > Start button to start recording video with the placido rings illuminated and click it again to stop the video.

To capture and playback video of placido rings follow these steps:

• From the menu select Configure > DV2000 > Images Sources.
  • Click on the New button.
  • Give the source a name such as E300.
  • From the type drop down list select either Leutron if you have a capture card or E300 Converter Box if you are using the USB converter.
    The settings box for the source type will appear. If you are using the converter box you should be able to click on OK. If you are using the Leutron image source
  • you will need to click on the Advanaced tab and place a check in the Pulse Output Trigger checkbox and click on OK.
  • Close down all of the dialog's by clicking on the OK buttons.
  • Now that the video source is set up select Home > New Exam > Digital Image to start the exam.
  • Select your video source from the list and click OK.
  • From the menu select Home > Capture Mode > Video.

You should now be able to capture live video from the E300 topographer now.

If these steps are unclear please let me know and I will get a set of more detailed steps or a video of how to set this up.

Kind Regards
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

jagrutlallu@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:16:12 am »
Mate that worked perfectly, I had it setup but needed to check the pulse output trigger box.

Did the thoughts on how the TBUT map could look make sense? if not I am happy to give you a call and email you?

Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »
hi jagrutlallu@gmail.com. Its great. Really wish it to be an official function in E300 in the naer future