Author Topic: Software improvement for AT20P  (Read 3591 times)

TimW

• View Profile
Software improvement for AT20P
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:35:12 am »
We recently installed the Medmont AT20P software on 2 all in one touch screen PC's that are wall mounted. Occasionally the iPad's drop off the wifi and it would be a very nice feature if you could use the same intuitive swiping for masking and changing acuity that you use on the iPhone, iPad etc on the touch screen all in one PC. This would be ideal for times when the unit used for controlling the AT20P has failed through flat batteries/network failure etc. The other fail-safe would be to be able to bring the same remote display that you use on the controller up on the actual AT20P display so in the event of failure of the controlling device you can use either the swipe method, touch screen or mouse for using the software.  8)

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Software improvement for AT20P
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:36:38 am »
Thanks for your feedback. We are quite in favour of your suggestion of having control over the chart display from a PC on the network. This would give the same control as is currently available from the wireless handheld controller. This small PC application could run on a clinician's desktop PC or directly on the all-in-one PC. The practicality of running it directly on the all-in-one is questionable, but it may be better than not having a chart at all. Your thoughts please? In the case where the chart screen is setup as a dual monitor it would be very practical. It does mean that a clinician would not need to purchase a wireless handset or the hastle of configuring a wireless router if that is their preference.

I will need to seek approval for this development work to proceed. I will post again once I have approval and can give you an estimate of when this is likely to be delivered.

Kind regards
David

TimW

• View Profile
Re: Software improvement for AT20P
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »
Hi David, I was thinking that if you had the swipe commands working on the all-in-one touchscreen PC that the chart is actually displayed on, it could be used as a back-up in case of controller failure but also when using the chart direct (without a mirror) at the end of the room the user could use the swipe controlls. This would add an extra layer of flexibility/functionality.