Author Topic: Increased difficulty obtaining topography results  (Read 3297 times)

Eyesonoxford

• View Profile
Increased difficulty obtaining topography results
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:41 pm »
We have recently upgraded to the latest version of Medmont Studio, and the staff and optometrists are experiencing more difficulty obtaining topography results. Even though the alignment marks are aligned, often nothing appears on the computer screen, or if it does, they can only ever get a maximum of 85% rather than 95%+ as before (most of the time).

Anybody else have this issue?

Steve Leslie
Eyes on Oxford

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Increased difficulty obtaining topography results
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:37:37 am »
Hi Steve,

Can you please tell me which version you updated from and to?

Also is the topographer connected to the PC via a USB converter box or a Leutron PCI card?

Was the unit moved during this update process? It sounds like the lens or mirrors may be obstructed or dirty. You can try to clean it by following the instructions outlined in the E300 manual. If you still have issues please post again and we will look at taking further steps to resolve the issue.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Eyesonoxford

• View Profile
Re: Increased difficulty obtaining topography results
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »
Michael

I cleaned it after your suggestion, and according to the manual, and then we could get a reading on the cailbration ball, and once calibration was done, it is working fine. In retrospect the red horizontal line has been unstable for some time even before the upgrades, so it needed cleaning.

Thanks for your advice, please ignore my email.

Steve Leslie