Author Topic: Auto backup function wanted!!!!  (Read 3949 times)

Forrest

• View Profile
Auto backup function wanted!!!!
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:46:06 pm »
Recently, my hard disc of medmont studio was damaged. I am suffering loss of baseline data of my orthok patients. I really think that what Medmont system is missing being Auto backup function.

Please do add Auto Backup function in future update??

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto backup function wanted!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:45 am »
Hi Forrest,

Medmont has not introduced an Auto backup system as there are many 3rd party applications out there that already provide the required functionality. Medmont definitely recommends that you use one of these 3rd party applications to backup your data on a regular basis to a separate location that wont be affected if the PC you are running Medmont Studio on fails in any way (i.e. Network Attached Storage Device (NAS), External USB Drive, etc).

Windows 7 and 8 already include a basic backup utility that will provide you with an initial level of protection. You can find more information on this at the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/products/features/backup-and-restore

As a guide to version 5 of Medmont Studio, you will want to backup all of the data in the following folder:

%allusersprofile%\Medmont\Medmont Studio 5\Data

For more information on what data needs to be backed up and how to backup the data please refer to the Data Backup section in the Medmont Studio user manual.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.