Author Topic: Humphreys to Medmont Documentation  (Read 6275 times)

Rey

• View Profile
    • Woodlyn
Humphreys to Medmont Documentation
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:44 am »
We have a customer that asked us which test is equivalent to to the Superior 36 test and Superior 64 test on a Humphrey's HFA Field Analyzer. Do you have any documentation that compares the M700 tests to a Humphrey's tests? 

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Humphreys to Medmont Documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:07 am »
Hi Rey,

Unfortunately I have no information which compares the Humphrey and Medmont tests. I am aware of a study which was performed which compares the results of both instruments (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1771686/) The concluding statement of the study was that the Medmont and Humphrey correlated favourably with one another and that both may be used for clinical and research purposes with similar confidence.

I wasn't able to find specific details of the superior 36 and 64 tests of the Humphrey but I hazard to guess that these are just tests with points concentrated in the superior field where 36 and 64 represent the number of points being tested. The difference could be either denisty or coverage I can't be sure. If you would like to post me a print out of the two tests I will be able to give a more firm answer. In any case I see no issue with using a custom template which mimics as close of possible these two tests. It is worth noting that the Medmont and Humphrey are different in that the Medmont uses a radial configuration of test points (more closely matches with the anatomy of an eye) rather than a gridded set of points of the humprhey. The software is able to represent the data in a gridded format to better correlate with the output from a Humphrey if that is what you are familar with.

There may be a difference in the testing algorithm (or strategy) which the test uses, but the Medmont and Humphrey utilize most of the same strategies anyway. If you could provide me the strategy that these test use I can give you a better idea.

Kind Regards

David
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:38:27 am by David »

Rey

• View Profile
    • Woodlyn
Re: Humphreys to Medmont Documentation
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:19:06 am »
Unfortunately I can't get the information you wanted. The doctor only owns the Medmont M700 and this question gets asked when the doctor is referring out a patient to another doctor who is used to a Medmont Perimeter.