Author Topic: usb converter upgrade error  (Read 3420 times)

dennis

• View Profile
usb converter upgrade error
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »
hi i have prolem with the E300 USB 1.0.2.6 14-51-21 Jun  1 2012 version.i get the error with upgrade package see jpg
gr dennis
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:18:31 pm by dennis »

Andrew

• View Profile
Re: usb converter upgrade error
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:06:08 am »
Hi Dennis,
I have seen that occasionally happen, it's perfectly safe to just press the start button again.

If that doesn't work try closing the updater and open it again, then press start again if nothing happens automatically.

The line "MCAP in programming mode" is good, it means it has switched into bootloader mode and the drivers should be correct, occasionally the downloading of the new firmware to the box doesn't go smoothly for some reason. I should probably update the error message to be more helpful.
Simply trying again is perfectly safe, as the bootloader doesn't overwrite the existing firmware unless the new downloaded one is fully verified. If it won't work simply unplugging the usb and plugging it back in again will restore the box to normal mode with the existing firmware.

Worst case scenario is if you unplug the usb while it's in the middle of flashing the firmware (while the converter box lights are flashing), if this is done when it's plugged back in it will stay in bootloader mode ("MCAP in programming mode") and you can just press start again to flash.

If it continues to give problems press "Ctrl m" while in the update program and press start again. This will give extra diagnostic output, if you then take a screenshot and post it here I should be able to help more.
Hardware Design Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

dennis

• View Profile
Re: usb converter upgrade error
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »
i have done the update on my laptop all drivers were instald thanks for the info
greatings dennis