Author Topic: Problem Reinstalling V5 on W7  (Read 3448 times)

Keith T

• View Profile
Problem Reinstalling V5 on W7
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:23:59 pm »
Hi

I recently experienced an unexpected error which essentially said that Studio couldn't locate the E300 through a certain port (I can't remember which) and could I check it's switched on. This started as an intermittent error but soon it was happening every time. So as I've got everything to hand I thought I would uninstall it and then reinstall. Although it has reinstalled when I try to fire it up  it is now showing an error msg "Medmont Studio is unable to communicate with the Medmont Studio server on computer 127.0.0.1 through port 8085. Ensure that the server is properly installed and running" etc. Any idea's

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Reinstalling V5 on W7
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:39 am »
Hi Keith,

I will start with a few small questions to work out where we are at:
  • Is the installation going to be a Stand-Alone or a Client/Server setup?
  • When you reinstalled did the configuration tool complete without error?
  • When the configuration tool asked whether to install as a Stand-Alone, Server or Client; which did you select?

My suggestion at this point we be to rerun the configuration tool and make sure all the selections are correct. If it is part of a server/client installation then also ensure that the PC's can ping each other on the network.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

Keith T

• View Profile
Re: Problem Reinstalling V5 on W7
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:07:02 am »
I believe that the guys at BIB have now sent you the relevant logs etc regarding the problem. I'm hoping that you can doing something PDQ as I'm having to turn patients away at the moment!!