Author Topic: Canon CR-1 (EOS50D) Not transferring photos  (Read 3087 times)

Ben

• View Profile
Canon CR-1 (EOS50D) Not transferring photos
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:08 am »
Hey Guys,

I have a customer running Medmont 4.14.1.1 and they are trying to use a CR-1 through DV2000.  I have tried just about all I can think of.  The issue they are getting is when you go to take a picture the transferring progress bar goes all the way to the end and then just hangs up.  The photo never populates in DV2000.  I have tried a fresh database and new image source.  I reinstalled Medmont.  I had him unplug and replug in all the cables.  The source they are using is the Canon EOS ED camera.   The setup has been working for years.  Any thoughts?

Ben

• View Profile
Re: Canon CR-1 (EOS50D) Not transferring photos
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:52:42 am »
I Had to reset the soft connect settings on the CR-1 and this is now working.

The CR-1 can be set up to function without the use of Canon Inc. control software.  Also images sent to EOS 40D have proper orientation so they DO NOT need to be flipped or rotated and include image mask from optical system so DOES NOT need to be added in the software.

1. With the power off, press and hold the "Fix Target" arrows for left and right.  Turn on the power and you wil see a "Tool Menu" on the CR-1 display.

2. Use the "Fix Target" arrow down key to select "Settings" option, Press "Set".

3. You will now be in a "Settings" menu, the first option is "Soft Connect" and the default is "ON" for use with control software, press the arrow left button
                    to change this to "OFF". Press the "Set" button and turn off the power.

4.  Turn on the power and the CR-1 will now function without control software.