Author Topic: tear film analysis  (Read 4497 times)

plevineod

• View Profile
tear film analysis
« on: May 13, 2015, 04:30:56 am »
Anyone know how to use the new tear film analysis?  I saw Randy do it at VBD, but can't figure out how it works.

Thanks,

Paul

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: tear film analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:07:08 am »
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately Randy is away till the end of the month so I can't ask him directly as to what he showed you. Can you please tell me exactly what you are trying to do? Are you having trouble using the Tear Film capturing process or interpreting the results?

Let me know and I will try to clarify it further here.
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

plevineod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:31:12 am »
the tear film capturing process.  don't know how to access it.

thanks

Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:20:54 am »
Firstly you need to be running Version 6 of Medmont Studio.  You can capture a single exam as normal and see the tear film quality map for a single E300 exam by selecting "Tear Film Quality" from the Display > Map Type ribbon menu.   

If you want to look at changes in tear film (ie breakup) then you can use the capture dialog to capture a video of the patient.  To do this select the Capture Mode > Video and then use the up down arrows to set the Video Settings > Frames Per Second (if you type into the up down box then make sure you hit enter or move the cursor to the max duration box to ensure the frame rate setting is saved).  High frame rate video requires a large amount of storage so I would recommend that you set the Frames per second to a maximum of 4.   

Align the patient as per normal and then instruct them to blink twice and start the video capture by clicking on the "Start" button or pressing the F9 function key.  Keep the patient aligned (and still) while capturing video.  Once the capture is completed click the Analyse All button to analyse the exams.   You can then save the video exams using the "Save All" button and view them in Studio.   Select the Tear Film Quality map type and you can use the Video ribbon bar to play, pause and step through the recording.

In the attribute pane there are two new attributes for Tear Film Surface Quality (TFSQ and TFSQ Central).   TFSQ is an average of the Tear Film Quality calculated over a 7mm chord while TFSQ Central is calculated only over the central 2mm chord.   If these attributes aren't displayed on the Data Pane (under the exam) then you can use the "Arrange Attributes" button (with the up down arrows on the left of the Data pane) to add them.