Author Topic: Migrating Medmont Studio 5 to new server  (Read 3793 times)

stewartwebb

• View Profile
Migrating Medmont Studio 5 to new server
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:21:13 pm »
Hi there,

Our practice is currently planning a migration to a new server, and as part of that process we'll need to move our Medmont Studio patient data over from our current server.

Are there any particular special procedures that need to be undertaken for migrating a Medmont Studio installation? From what I could gather from the User Manual, all the data is just stored in a folder on the computer, so can we just copy this folder across? Do we need to follow any particular procedures to import that data to the new install?

We are running Medmont Studio 5.3.5, and also use practice management integration with Optomate Premier 22.25 (not sure if this affects anything).

sileo

• View Profile
Re: Migrating Medmont Studio 5 to new server
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:20:40 pm »
We are doing the same thing. It is disappointing that there have been no responses to this thread.

Michael.Berkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »
Hi stewartwebb,

Just copy Medmont Data folder to a desirable location on a new server, then run Medmont Studio Configuration tool.

Regards,
Michael Berkovich.

Rey

• View Profile
    • Woodlyn
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 05:04:37 pm »
I use to support Medmont at a previous job. Its been a while since answering these types of questions but I'll try. Please note that the specific version numbers I post may be off. Don't ask me why I was here but I saw your request and I can at least try to help.

First how you deal with migrations depends largely on the version of Medmont your running. In Medmont 5.2(-ish) and below they used a hardware dongle. To migrate servers you will need to install Medmont on the new server. Moved the dongle to the new server. Copy your data folder to the new server and run the configuration tool.

If you are using Medmont 5.3 (ish) I believe you're using the activation code. To migrate your server is a little harder. You can either contact the vendor you bought Medmont from or contact Medmont's support team. They need to release your activation code. You then need to install the software on the new server. Register and activate using your key code. If you don't release the code first you will get an error. Once installed then copy the data folder over and re-run the configuration tool.

As for your practice management software there my be some other configuration you may need to do depending on the vendor and version of said software. Sometimes you need to tweak odbc settings. You may also need to reinstall software from your practice management vendor. Please note in Medmont Studio software there are embedded software manuals in pdf form which will explain everything I just said in greater detail.

As like with anything please have an experienced, certified, professional do it for you and always keep backups of your data. If you lose your data you lose your patient history and my have to setup Medmont from scratch. My last employer had special pricing for stuff like this. Your vendor may as well. If all fails Medmont can also provide these services. I hope this helps.