Author Topic: Medmont Studio 5 - backup  (Read 2476 times)

RoyDuden

• View Profile
Medmont Studio 5 - backup
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:16 am »
Hello all,

I am currently working with a client who is running Studio 5.

The problem of the day is the time it takes to run the backup.  I need to reduce the volume of data I am backing up, and so reduce the time required for the backup.

Currently the backup is configured to take the entire Medmont directory. I would like to know what files are actually required to restore the Medmont database in the event of catastrophic failure.

Thanks

Roy

Adam

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Medmont Studio 5 - backup
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:18:58 pm »
Medmont Studio v5.3.6 Database Backup...

For Microsoft Access Databases:
- Run the Medmont Studio Administrator Tool, and note the Data Location displayed (if there is no Data Location displayed you are probably running an SQL Database, see below). This location is the folder containing all Medmont Studio patient data, and this entire folder has to be backed up.

For SQL Databases:
- You will have to first find the installation folder of the Medmont Studio program, which is by default:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Medmont\Medmont Studio 5" (it could be different, to make sure check the properties of the shortcut that is being used to start Medmont Studio)
- This folder should contain a file called "Install.Settings". The tag <DataPath> should contain the location of the Data folder. That Data folder should be backed up
- At the same time that the Data folder is backed up, the SQL server instance for Medmont Studio will also have to backed up using the SQL Server interface.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:21:10 pm by Adam »