Author Topic: Exporting the Patient External Record  (Read 302 times)

ETURNER

• View Profile
Exporting the Patient External Record
« on: September 19, 2019, 06:53:27 am »
Hello,

I made some tests with the Patient Data Exporting in Medmont Studio 6. We would like to make it compatible with our Optometric Practice Management Software.
In the resulting files, I have the Patient FirstName and LastName, but not the External Record.
Is there a way to add this information to the generated XML file ?

Regards,

Elisa.

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting the Patient External Record
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 04:12:24 pm »
Hi Eturner,

Unfortunately this field is not exported as part of our patient data. It is only used for linking that patient with a local practice management system and would have no meaning when exported to another system not connected to that database. Can I ask what practice management system you are using and what type of link you are attempting to establish? We are able to link with a lot of third party practice management systems so we may be able to help you through that mechanism.

Kind regards
Michael Eldridge
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

ETURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 02:34:05 am »
Hi Michael,

The practice management system is Optosys. Actually, I am one the programmers developing the software.
We wanted to use the External Record field to make a link between the exams and the patient File Number in our System.
But, if it is not possible, we'll make the link between the exams and the patient using FirstName, LastName and Birthdate.
It is unlikely that we have two patients with same FirstName, LastName and Birthdate.

Regards,

Elisa.

Michael

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 11:39:31 am »
It actually sounds like you are working on something that Medmont Studio kind of already does. Can you tell me, what type of database does Opotsys use? You could define a Medmont 'Database.settings' file which our software can use to link with patients defined in your database. It allows us to link to the patients defined in your database but it doesn't allow us to change them. Only read information. We can also read patient refraction information but that is the next step.

If you are in the development phase you could introduce a read only user to your database deployment/configuration that we could also use to further protect your entries.

Let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Kind regards
Michael Eldridge
Senior Software Engineer
Medmont Pty. Ltd.

James_Pickard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 02:10:44 pm »
This is a test