Author Topic: Windows 10 Pro 32bits upgrade  (Read 287 times)

bonocchio

• View Profile
Windows 10 Pro 32bits upgrade
« on: February 01, 2020, 09:46:19 pm »
Dear experts,

I have a dell vostro pc with windows pro 32 bits, if I upgrade my system (windows 7 pro now) to windows 10 pro 32bits  I am wondering if my E300 topographer still will work fine?
The topographer is connected through the Leutron pci card. The owner of the Medmont dealer in The Netherlands told me this wouldn't be a problem, but the technician told me it can be a problem!?? I do have friends who told me that this works with their system.

And if I buy a new pc with pci interface would work too?

Please advise

James_Pickard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Pro 32bits upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:46:59 am »
Hi bonocchio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

There's a number of issues here:

Support for Windows 7 has been dropped by Microsoft and hence also by Medmont International.

If you're running Medmont Studio 6, this requires 8GB of ram which necessitates a 64bit operating system.  So you will need to move to a 64bit operating system; we would recommend Windows 10 Professional.

You can find the computer requirements listed here:
https://www.medmont.com/media/52102/medmont-studio-base-requirements-627.pdf

If you're running Medmont Studio 5, this is unsupported on Windows 10 and you will need to upgrade to Medmont Studio 6.

The Leutron cards are very fragile and can often get damaged moving from one computer to another. 

From the sounds of it, your E300 topographer is fairly old and likely beyond it's 8 year service life.  In which case we would recommend replacement for a new warranty, new service life and an updated license for  Medmont Studio 6.

We can look up age of your unit from the serial number located at the bottom side of the tower.  Alternatively, it may also have a build date listed on it. 

If you want more information about replacement, please contact our Netherlands distributor listed on our contacts page:

https://www.medmont.com/contact/

Kind regards,